Job Title: Systems Network Administrator
- Perform communications trouble shooting as needed to clear outages/bottlenecks, denials of service, interruptions and other faults
- Optimize network performance interims of latency, bandwidth, and speed of service
- Establish access and security controls to insure data integrity, security, protection and recoverability.
Specific Job Function: Experienced Network Administrators with Network plus and Security plus credentials (personnel with CISSP Certs highly desirable).
Essential Job Functions:
- At least two years of experience building, configuring, and maintaining network and network performance.
- Setting up and configuring networks
- System and Network Administration
- Switch and router configuration/programming
- Ability to positively interact and collaborate with different teams
- Ensure network and network systems are secure and the confidentiality, availability and integrity of the network and its data are maintained.
- Ability to review complex network and system proposals and develop a path-forward to mitigate system risks and remain complaint with DODI 8510.01, DODI 5144.02, Risk Management Framework (RMF) and local security policies.
- Ability to work with internal and external customers to resolve complex network, systems, and security issues.
- Must have Certification Requirements: Security +.Computer environment certification.
- Maintain a complex system of networked computers in an Active Directory domain.
- Active Directory 2008 R2 administration for multiple OU’s to include user/machine account creation/deletion, password resets and GPO administration.
- Provide Information Assurance (IA) compliance for the network and systems per DoD and DISA standards.
- Maintain Army Information Assurance Vulnerability Assessment (IAVA) compliance by using tools such as Nessus reports, SCAP, OVAL, and DISA STIG’s.
- Create/maintain the single approved baseline image that is used on all systems in the test environment using Ghost or other disk imaging utilities.
- Support the test environment as necessary to ensure they have compliant systems to complete the mission.
- Maintain the code development servers to include security patches and data backups.
- Performs other duties as assigned which may require specific physical abilities to be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Must have a secret clearance and the ability to be upgraded to a TS.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and Networking.
- Experience working with virtual machines.
- Experience in data analysis and visualization.
- Familiarity with tactical network protocols (i.e. JVMF).
- Possess a current, valid CompTIA Security+ certification.
- Must be 8570.01M compliant to include:
- Current Security + CE certification as well as a Computing Environment certificate such as Windows 7 or Windows Server
- Existing Secret clearance.
*Note: This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or to limit the supervisor’s ability to modify work assignments as appropriate.