Go Back to Careers Page
General Clerk I – Mail Clerk
Reports To: Functional Area Supervisor or Assistant Site Manager
FLSA Code: SCA
The FOSS General Clerk I is responsible for providing administrative support to those personnel supporting the adjudication process of individuals who have applied for immigration and citizenship benefits.
- Opens, sorts and processes incoming mail.
- Dates and timestamps mail per USCIS timelines.
- Operate document and postal machines that collate, fold, insert material into envelopes, and affix postage and mailing labels.
- Prepares outbound mail for shipment.
- Maintains log for special handling mail using USCIS tracking systems.
- Maintains daily control logs using USCIS tracking systems.
- The General Clerk I shall have a minimum 6 months of previous relevant experience.
- United States Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a government clearance (if not already cleared).
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Comprehension of basic computer programs.
- Strong attention to detail.