Go Back to Careers Page
General Clerk I – General Office Worker
Reports To: Functional Area Supervisor or Assistant Site Manager
FLSA Code: SCA
The FOSS General Clerk I is responsible for providing administrative support to those personnel supporting the adjudication process of individuals who have applied for immigration and citizenship benefits.
- Assists applicants by providing requested forms and directing applicant flow.
- Answer phones on site and direct calls to the appropriate person(s).
- Provide support to applicants utilizing electronic systems.
- Schedule and or reschedule dates and times of interviews and naturalization ceremonies.
- Perform tasks related to preparing for and conducting naturalization ceremonies, including the preparation and distribution of naturalization certificates and the retrieval of documentation from applicants.
- Provide support for the processing of forms and applications used in the adjudication process.
- The General Clerk I shall have a minimum 6 months of previous relevant experience.
- United States Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a government clearance (if not already cleared).
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Comprehension of basic computer programs.
- 1 year of experience utilizing Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Prior experience working with the public is preferred.