Go Back to Careers Page
General Clerk I – File Clerk
Reports To: Functional Area Supervisor or Assistant Site Manager
FLSA Code: SCA
The FOSS General Clerk I is responsible for providing administrative support to those personnel supporting the adjudication process of individuals who have applied for immigration and citizenship benefits.
- Perform file operations and maintenance including file storage, maintenance, interfiling, consolidations, and audits and searches and respond to file requests.
- Filing copies of naturalization certificates and notices and close out citizenship ceremonies.
- Providing support for the processing of forms and applications used in the adjudication process.
- The General Clerk I shall have a minimum 6 months of previous relevant experience.
- United States Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a government clearance (if not already cleared).
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Comprehension of basic computer programs.
- Strong attention to detail.