Go Back to LISC, Vandenberg Page
Job Title: Electrical Engineer RF Transmitters
Job Summary: Plans, designs, develops, modifies and evaluates power generation and distribution, information processing hardware and/or electrical components, mechanisms, firmware, materials, circuitry, equipment or processes.
Specific Job Function: Experience with high power RF transmitters in the UHF and C-bands of the RF spectrum.
Essential Job Functions:
- Designs, plans and oversees the installation and maintenance of electric or electronic equipment, components and circuits for new and existing
- Defines requirements and creates schematics for hardware system Evaluates performance, integrates hardware units and interconnection of units.
- Selects appropriate components based upon reliability, performance and
- Conducts validation, verification and Conducts error testing of systems and circuit designs. Provides product support as appropriate by isolating faults and resolving design issues.
- Ensures electrical designs comply with product Verifies designs are implemented with accurate consideration for power management, systems interfaces, etc.
- Ensures designs incorporate approval agencies and electrical safety Participates in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance.
- Reviews vendor capability to support product development and recommends product specifications and component Monitors the activities of subcontracted technical services.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related field preferred
- Three or more years of experience in electrical engineering or computer science
- Experience working with electrical theories, design principles and practices and design evaluation techniques
- Experience working with personal computers and software such as MathCAD, Excel,
- Experience working with testing equipment
- Good time management skills
- Good communication skills for presentation of findings to management
- Good interpersonal skills for interaction with customers and other engineers
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to listen and comprehend the needs of the customer with relation to the project
- Ability and desire to research new technology and methodologies in the electrical engineering
*Note: This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or to limit the supervisor’s ability to modify work assignments as appropriate.